Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Juicing: One Week Down, One to Go


I woke up this morning and a spider this big jumped out of my bag, true story

I have a week left and I have no doubt that I can easily get through it. I would say the first four days have been the worst for me as far as fatigue, feeling hungry and all the bad things you hear about. If you can make it to day 5, I say you are doing well.

Concerns:  None whatsoever.

Bowel Movements: Everything is right on track

Mood: Feeling pretty good so I suppose that puts me in good spirits.

Hunger: In the documentary thing, that was the inspiration for this mess, they ask “Who thought of only  havinh three meals a day? Why not five or seven?” So I have kind of been taking on this same philosophy with this meal plan I have going on here. Whenever I am hungry, I eat something so basically I have been eating my face off. No one ever worry that I am not getting enough to eat. That has not been a problem.  I am never hungry and I find myself full at the end of the day.

Foods I could totes enjoy right now: At the moment there is nothing I crave, not even candy!  

Energy: I only get tired when I lay down. If I am going all day and sitting up and at my computer and awake, I am fine. But when I lay down it hits me all of a sudden that I am exhausted. I had to sit up to watch Louie Thursday night so I wouldn’t fall asleep. But as of right now, feeling great. Full of energy.

Moving on…

Okay so the beets. I have heard horror stories so I was very intimidated by these. I bought the beets with the stalk and leaves and put ALL of it in the juicer. Cut the stalk off and you can juice it whole and then cut the beet itself up into smaller pieces.


Like this!


Apple – Beet – Carrot
1 Apple
2 Beets w/ stalk
3 large carrots
1 Bunch of spinach (optional)
Thumb-sized piece of ginger

It’s the prettiest juice by far. But what did it taste like? It tasted like…beets? I don’t know. That was the first beet I have ever had in my life and I liked it. It kind of tastes like a cross between broccoli and spinach with a hint of dirt? And it was a pretty sweet drink too and I feared it would be bitter but it wasn’t to me. I enjoyed it and I don’t think Michael hated it as much as he hates the mean green so…WIN!

I want to paint everything beet now

Michael has lost 10 lbs in a week. I have no idea how much I have lost. I am waiting until I am done to check it and I will fill you all in. I did check after day three and I lost 2 lbs. in 3 days so that is something I suppose but I don’t have my hopes up high that I am going to lose insane amounts of weight. I just want to feel better and I do. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger