Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

NBD: Juicing, Days 3 & 4

I'm not THAT hungry

Starting Day 5, Bitches!

Concerns:  Absolutely no concerns. I feel pretty good, great actually. Not as tired as I thought I would be or as weak feeling. I also haven’t been dizzy since I started nor have I gotten car sick and my hair is doing exceptionally well today. Also, I think I am not as greasy, which makes sense when you aren’t eating anything with grease or fat, duh Stacey.

Bowel Movements: So far we are back on track with that. But it is nothing like I read that it would be which would be shit of Golgothan proportions when it has been nothing of the sort with either of us.

Mood: Pretty upbeat, I’d say. And optimistic. I can’t tell you the last time I have gone this long (it’s been one week today) without taking Dramamine. So that is pretty freaking amazing for me.

Hunger: Tuesday sucked and was by far the worst.  I was never to the point where I was starving/ crabby/ woozy/ raging cunt but it was bad. And I really don’t see how I can be all that hungry when I have been eating so much but I was and my stomach was rumbling. As of right now I am good and I had a handful of dried bananas and my juice. But it’s only 9:30…

Foods I could totes enjoy right now: a burrito with black beans, guac, sour cream, salsa, corn, tomatoes, jalapenos, black olives and cilantro. I would honestly kill that burrito. It would be a delicious bloodbath (of salsa). I have also randomly been wanting a biscuit with jelly. Any kind of jelly, really…and maybe a teeny pat of butter. I find myself wanting sweets less but I could still eat that brownie…

Caffeine deprivation: I haven’t wanted to say anything so I could maybe avoid the wrath of the almighty “jinx” but I haven’t really noticed it and after the initial headache went away it hasn’t been an issue. I think I am going to attempt to keep off coffee and Red Bull after the two weeks is up.

Energy: I have had way more energy than I thought I would. I haven’t been as sleepy but I do get a little exhausted towards the end of the day but juicing takes a lot out of you. Seriously.  You have to cut all that shit up and sometimes you have peel it and it’s all this big thing. It is no different than the time it takes to prepare a meal but I hardly ever prepare more than two meals a day and this is like three or more. And all the washing and clean-up and all that shit is for the birds. That is my only complaint so far, the prep and the mess. But it is a small complaint and I’d say it’s worth it for how I’ve been feeling.

Moving on…

I guess I should talk about taste of juice for a second. I have liked them all, really. There hasn’t been one where I thought I might not be able to drink it (but I am trying beet tonight so that may change). I would even go so far as to say I have enjoyed all the juices. The only one that was not my favorite was the carrot/ kale combo and I think it was the consistency more than the taste. Maybe. But besides that one, I find them all might tasty. Michael, not so much. He has hated all the green ones so far and I think he has a hard time getting them all down. He’s good with fruit juice but he said he is done with Mean Green for good. So we are working on a new green juice now, I will let you know how that one works out.

I think my favorite green juice so far is a concoction that I came up with, sorta.

Juicing Bloody Mary (or V8 if you want to be a dick about it)
3 med tomatoes
3 stalks celery
1 bunch spinach
Four radishes (you can add more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
And pinches (just a pinch, I swear!) of: Cayenne, Sea Salt, Chili Powder

What have I been eating:

I have been eating the shit out of some tomatoes. Both Monday and Tuesday night I had a bowl of fresh, home grown tomatoes (thanks, mom and dad!) and corn. It was delicious. And Tuesday night we grilled the corn so it was super good.

I have gone through two cantaloupes this week and working on a third.

I like the taste of radishes and I have been cutting them up into small pieces and eating them.

Lots of grapes, bing cherries, strawberries and blueberries.

I also have a bag of raw broccoli for today to snack on…yes I am serious.

We made the mistake of checking the website and it says you can have dried fruits and vegetables so when we need like a small, crunchy side with our juice or a quick snack before we pass out, we eat dried fruit and veggies (yes, we are checking the ingredients first before we buy. I am not going to buy a bag of Craisins and call that healthy, so save your, “You know that stuff isn’t good for you…” nonsense). We have been trying not to rely on this though and just eating a little here and there, but it nice to have something to crunch on, more mental than anything I am sure.

So there you go, all is going well! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger