Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

There Ain't Nothin Wrong With a Little Bump and Grind

There just isn’t.

I think my good moods at work are directly related to the radio station that I am forced to listen to. I won’t say forced. I have been given the option of changing it to whatever I would like, and sometimes I listen to the iphone but the new 101 Jams, or whatever they are calling it these days, isn’t bad.  Not to shabby.

It is virtually impossible to be in a bad mood while listening to Motown Philly and how it’s back again. Morris Day and the mother fucking Time is played at least once an hour and you can’t listen about Jungle Love and not smile. Try it. It is impossible. I think I want to know ya, know ya.

I am not saying that I love some of the new R & B shit that they play. Like the new Mary J Blige makes my ears bleed and the new Usher is a giant, whiny turd of a song, but for the most part they don’t play many new jams and this works for me because, as most of you know, I went to Bartlett. 

I find myself dancing in my chair several times a day. And not just tapping my foot. Straight up rocking back and forth and severe arm movements. It’s okay. They don’t judge around here.  The lady I work with sings along to the radio, so she sings and I dace. It’s how we roll.

And how is it that I don’t remember a lot of anything, but I can still remember every word to every SWV song that was released in the 90s? Anyone? Anyone?

Old school R & B, it’s my jam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger