Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Asshole Monday: The Wagon

As in, I fell off of it.




As quite a few people have been happy to point out (and I did actually ask for it) I failed miserably at not drinking until my 30th birthday. I was doing great until I gave in (redundant). I tried to rationalize that I can drink at special occasions, even though I basically said first I wanted to see how well I did in social situations without drinking and once I proved that I’d be alright, the novelty kind of wore off. What are you going to do?

And if you really want me to be completely honest here, I really didn’t care anymore. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be to quit altogether (So I guess that means it kind of was hard, huh?). So I gave up and started drinking again. Maybe not as severely as before but still.

So here I am. A fucking asshole that couldn’t quit drinking for 112 days (I went at least 40). Whatever. I attempted it and I lasted for much longer than I thought I would. I am taking that as a win even though I did indeed fail.  

Am I fine with it? You bet your ass. And I felt like enough shit early Sunday morning to prove that.

And, plus, Zoo Brew is this weekend. Enough said.

*I contemplated today’s asshole being Rapture believers. As it was pointed out in a fb status last week; believing it was going to happen on Saturday is no more ridiculous than believing it will happen at all. Why was Saturday any more preposterous than any other day? It’s not, guys. I am sorry. So I kinda feel Rapture Believers got hit hard enough. They are still stuck on earth with atheists and Muslims and Branch Davidians and everyone else damned to hell for all of eternity so who is really laughing last, you know?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger