Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

D.P.'s CBRIII Review #6 - Youth In Revolt, by C.D. Payne

(Look who got access to post his own shit yo!)

Nick Twisp is a 14 year old boy who just wants to get his dick-tip wet. And hey, who amongst us can't relate to that? Sometimes you just really wanna bust a nut and life leaves you hanging with your dick sticking out of your zipper. Thus is life. So horny Nick Twisp falls in love with a girl he meets while on summer vacation and spends the next eleventy thousand pages trying to find ways to be with her.

In the process, he ruins the lives of pretty much everyone around him in hilarious ways. It should make this kid Dennis The Menace levels of unlikable, but thankfully, everyone's life he ruins generally has it coming for being shitty people so it's all good. Not to mention, this kid's parents are Lindsay Lohan-esque in their ability to be terrible. So fuck 'em.

My only complaint with this book is that it ended suddenly. I had no idea there were sequels! I thought it was a stand-alone book, but a quick Wikipedia check revealed that, no, there are 3 more books in the series. So now I have to go hunt them down. Also, I want to watch the movie but I'm afraid...oh so afraid...

Highest recommendation. Bite-sized chapters (or diary entries, as it were) makes for easy reading and it's hilarious all the way through. Loved this book, and it belongs up there with Christopher Moore's Lamb on the top shelf of funny fiction.

3 comments:

Stacey Bryan said...

I loved this book but it's not something I can ever read again as it was quite long, but I think the length just added to the experience of the book.

And is there a way we can show who is posting what. Like a byline or something? Look into that, IT dude.

D.P. said...

It says Posted By D.P. down at the bottom. Dunno what else can be done.

Stacey Bryan said...

Oh duh. I didn't see that. Hi, I am stupid and blog retarded.

Post a Comment

 

Blogger